Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
dbHMS is a Chicago based sustainable design engineering firm. We are currently working on projects in North America, Mexico, and India.
We are a group of highly motivated and creative engineers. dbHMS creates concepts for building systems in collaborations with architects and owners and then sees them through design and construction.
Senior electrical engineer with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the engineering and design of building systems.
Expected to perform a variety of design and management tasks without supervision. Senior electrical engineers supervise the work of CAD drafters and junior engineers.
- 8-10 years of experience in the electrical building systems industry.
- Experience with Revit.
- P.E. professional engineering license in Illinois required.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in an accredited Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering program with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Basic CAD and computer skills with Microsoft Office software products.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to operate or supervise Revit™ BIM software.
- Ability to operate one or more electrical design software programs.
- Specialty certifications in the design of electrical systems such as LEED, RED, etc.
- Member of IEEE and other industry organizations.
- Apply advanced knowledge of power distribution, grounding, lighting, control systems, fire alarm, low voltage, and related systems, to the preperation of construction drawings and specifications for buildings.
- Read and understand construction documents, floor plans, specifications and equipment details and apply this knowledge to the coordination of building systems and elements.
- Apply advanced knowledge of building codes and NEC standards.
- Edit project specificationsin the MasterSpec® 1995 and 2004 formats.
- Attend external meetings to obtain design input information and ensure that all facets of the project are being correctly coordinated.
- Write reports, narratives, and studies.
- Survey existing buildings and identify electrical systems and components.
- Review submittals of equipments for compliance with the contract documents.
- Respond to contractor questions during construction.
- Observe and report upon electrical construction work in progress.
- Prepare opinions of probable electrical construction cost.
- Forecast, project, track and manage project budgets, fees, and man-hour information.
- Ability to multi task
- Excelent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter and fast learner
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.