Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
dbHMS is a Chicago based sustainable design engineering firm. We are currently working on projects in North America, Mexico, and India.
We are a group of highly motivated and creative engineers. dbHMS creates concepts for building systems in collaborations with architects and owners and then sees them through design and construction.
At dbHMS, we rely on our Information Technologist to develop a variety of computer operations. Monitor console control panel and make procedural corrections as necessary.
This position will support the office with its IT needs. The position is part time with 20-30 hours of work a week with flexible work hours.
The ideal candidate would have a basic working knowledge of networked systems and a strong ability to find solutions.
- Average 1-3 years prior experience.
- Knowledge of computer system backup requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer input and output media.
- Ability to initiate and operate computer hardware and software systems.
- Ability to utilize computer operating systems utilities.
- Knowledge of computer job control procedures.
- Ability to determine the nature of computer hardware and system software problems, and to communicate technical guidance to users.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Duties require ability to lift objects up to 40 pounds
- Willingness to work different shifts
- Setup of new workstations
- Setup, maintenance and upgrade of existing software like AutoCad, Revit, MS Office suite, Trace, etc
- Setup and troubleshooing of network printers
- Managing Exchange Organization
- Manage user license assignment
- Manage Acitve directory, DNS, file sharing, Office 365 Admin portal, etc.
- Resolve incoming tickets in a timely manner
- Address security risks
- Provide technology orientation for new employees
- Setup accommodations and entertainment arrangement for the company and company visitors
- Operate and Monitor mainframe and mid-range computer and peripheral equipment to include: Pinters, Keyboard/mouse, Monitor, and disk drives
- Observe operation of equipment, control panels, error lights, verification printouts, error messages, and faulty output
- Research error messages and manipulate console to re-sequence job steps after a job is interrupted
- Make procedural and/or operational corrections as necessary
- Contact appropriate staff to resolve console panel errors
- Determine source of computer problems (Hardware, Software, User access, etc.)
- Advice staff on appropriate action
- Remove and distribute computer output
- Clear equipment at the end of operating run and review schedule to determine next assignment
- Serve as liaison between staff and the technology department to resolve issues
- Provide Recommendations on company technology purchases
- Document computer problems and resolutions for future reference
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed
- Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members
- Assist personal of other departments as a computer resource
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi task
- Excelent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter and fast learner