Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
dbHMS is a Chicago based sustainable design engineering firm. We are currently working on projects in North America, Mexico, and India.
We are a group of highly motivated and creative engineers. dbHMS creates concepts for building systems in collaborations with architects and owners and then sees them through design and construction.
Plumbing Designers execute the design of plumbing systems involved in building construction projects. They work with engineers to design and draw systems and equipment.
Designers are also responsible for administrative and computer work associated with setting up and executing project files and documentations.
- Minimum Education: Associates degree in a drafting or technology program.
- Ability to operate and design in Revit™ BIM software.
- Advanced CAD skills.
Additional Preffered Qualifications
- Bachelor's in Science degree in Engineering (Architectural, Mechanical).
- Some previous MEP design experience with an emphasis in Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
- Apply knowledge of engineering systems to the preparation of construction drawings for buildings.
- Read and understand construction documents, floor plans, specifications and equipment details.
- Draw systems using CAD and Revit™ in plans, diagrams, sections and details with minimal direction.
- Make system design decision with moderate direction.
- Conduct site surveys for existing systems and projects under construction and reproduce diagrams of existing conditions
- Coordinate system design between trades, both internal and outside of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task by working on overlapping projects and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to maintain professional, polite and prompt communication with clients and internal team members.
- Motivated self-starter and fast learner committed to learning on the job and personal self-development